Monday, May 15, 2006

The Chief's Tire Carrier

Well, I finally had the chance to do a couple things involving myself and my Jeep.
1. Graduate from Duquesne University
2. Get a swing away tire carrier

I took my 1987 Cherokee Chief to Jason Kemmer of Offroad Conversions in Freedom PA. He hooked me up with a really nice design and took a lot of time on his part to perfect it. We encountered a problem with weight issues involving the weight of the tire and he had to cut a bracket and mount it to the
unibody frame to make it work. I am going to have him rework this later when he installs my gas tank skid plate and hidden hitch.
The Chief was used these past 8 months as my daily driver. Together, we passed a 176,000 miles on the odometer traveling wherever the world took me.
With luck, I will probably take this to Jeepfest this summer and maybe one or two trail rides. The Chief is never going to be a trail beater like my YJ but I do want the look and capability.
I am planning to install/purchase the following things for the Chief upon getting a career off the ground. (Any help welcomed)
-Fix my window seals (All parts in possession)
-Por 15 rusty areas (Need purchased)
-Install my clinometer without messing up dash (Opinions welcomed)
-Front Hitch (Need to purchase)
-Fix hatch (Lock doesnt work)
-Tow hooks front and rear (Need purchased)
-Locker front and rear (Opinions welcome)
-Triple AAA membership.
-Engine Mounts (Need purchased)
-Install my rear hitch
Protection
1. Transfer Case
2. Rock Rails
3. Engine Skid Plate (I Need One of These)
4. Gas Tank Skid Plate
-Install new speakers
-Install my CB
-Tow straps
-Correct old rock rails
-Rims for my new MTR tires
-Install first aid kit
-Fire Extinguisher

No comments: