Saturday, December 20, 2008

Collecting and Playing

 This is the post I plan to use to highlight things I search out, particularly older paintball guns, motorcycles, and the occasional bicycle.

Paintball

Warped Sportz Dark Autococker 2k2 - Pewter to black fade
This gun had a ribbed fin where the sightrail was located. I have seen a pewter fade 2.0 but the majority have a fade to black sometimes meshed with red, yellow, pewter, and blue. This is the last dark autococker I would like to own to complete my collection. The occasional pre-99 dark may be worth pursuing but I am not a fan of right or left feed autocockers. This gun has become a sort of unicorn to me. I would love to own one and keep my eye out more than what's good for me.



ANS GXE - Pewter or pewter to black fade. There are two iterations of the GXE autococker. The first was essentially a GX4 body with an electro system that originated out of Denmark. This gun also came drilled for an anti chop eye system which was known to be problematic when broken paint chopped inside. When working well, the gun functions as fast as a cocker can cycle. Rates of fire were recorded up to 15 bps. I find this interesting since current firing rates are capped around this rate today. The idea of playing a modern tournament with a cocker could be fun if such rates of fire could be achieved. I love ANS autocockers and hope to complete my collection with this gun when the time comes. They are slightly more rare than a mech gx autococker because by the time of release, cockers were on a downward spiral with manufacturers like Smart Parts, Angel, and Dye going full bore with new electro guns capable of shooting 15 bps or faster with no major problems.


Warped Sportz Dark LED Angel- A few years back, 2010 to 2013, these almost always popped up for sale. This was the marker that put Warped on the map nearly two decades ago. It was one of the very first customized Angels and people went wild for it. I always could never find one that was either the correct color, or abused from use. Still remains that way today, as of early 2015. I know one will surface eventually though. Anodizing services are getting much better these days as well, so depending on color, it may not matter as much anymore.

Warped Sportz Dark LCD 2k1 - Prior to attending college in 2006, angels were at their cheapest ever to date. I had a former teammate who purchased a doo doo brown Dark in this milling scheme. After a rough, life changing season, (He got fired from his job and broke up with fiance) he just couldn't shake all the bad karma and literally gave me his angel. I was headed off to college and needed beer money. I sold the dark doo doo LCD and regret it to this day. This body was three iterations past the original LED and one of the most popular. I bought a doo doo angel on ebay about a year ago with this same scheme, but it had seen some rough use and most likely sat in the bottom of someone's gear bag for years. I often wonder if this is the same angel I sold years back. Makes me sad. I know there are good condition LCD 2k1's out there though. Give it time. I plan to get it back online in the next few years. This was the first dark to have a smaller, more compact feel. It was a great front player gun, and could shoot ropes off the back. Loved it.

Warped Sportz Dark Ion - These guns are notorious for being finicky, a pain in the ass to work on, and hard to get right. However, in 2005-06, it was pretty much my last season playing and this gun revolutionized the sport in that it brought super power rates of fire at a much more affordable price point. I have never seen one for sale and even though these were apparently produced in high numbers, I just haven't been able to locate a good example. As I attended my last Zap International Amateur Open in Pittsburgh PA, ions we selling faster than anything I had ever seen. Entire teams bought them because they were so cheap. The MSRP for a dark ion was low and over 300 were produced. Yet, this gun still eludes me.





1 comment:

Greg and April Pruett said...

gregandaprilprutt@gmail.com I've got the autococker you liked to have in the silver to blacked color. I used to work for warped sportz one of the few things I've got left from then.